Smile. Be kind. Hug a tree . . . If you missed a previous post, visit my archive.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Four Paws"


Confessions of a dog owner: Are you guilty of the following? Market research found the percentage of dog owners did the following:

1. Do you kiss your dog? 51%
2. Would we find in your wallet a picture of your furry friend? 40%
3. Talked to your dog over the phone? 33%
4. Have you ever called your child or spouse by your dogs name? 38%
5. Have you dressed up your furry friend with a ribbon or scarf? 86%
6. Is your dog named as a beneficiary? 28%

I'm guilty of all but #6. I admit it. I'm a little foolish when it comes to my dogs. Can't help it. I love them. Somehow, they've ceased to be animals and have become instead my treasured friends.

Annie Oakley once said, "Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life."

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." (R. Caras)

Til next time,

Sherry/treehugger-peninhand.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment