Smile. Be kind. Hug a tree . . . If you missed a previous post, visit my archive.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Book Lovers"

"Book lovers. It will make your hours pleasant as long as you live." (A. Trollope)

I agree with Trollope. I am passionate about books. I'm obsessive with my books. So obsessive that my bookshelves resemble a library with categories: fiction top shelf, non-fiction lower shelf, picture books middle shelf, etc., etc., etc. (What can I say, I like organization.) Sometimes, I am reading three or four different books at the same time. I love the way a book feels in my hand. I love the anticipation of each new chapter. I love the feel a my finger turning the page. The times and places my books have taken me are many. A journey I appreciate.

Surrounding myself with books is magical and joyful. On a rainy day, a good book can become your best friend.

Abraham Lincoln once wrote, "My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read."

It's not buying or borrowing books that make a book lover, it is reading books.

Happy Reading!

Sherry/treehugger-peninhand.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment